Friday, March 2, 2012

Big Miracle (100th post!)

Directed by Ken Kwapis
2012
Viewed February 2012

Adam Carlson is a reporter from Anchorage, Alaska who is covering some stories in a small Alaskan town for a few weeks. On one of his last nights there, Adam discovers three California grey whales trapped in the ice. Adam quickly tapes a short segment on the whales and then news reaches his Greenpeace volunteer ex girlfriend who immediately starts to rally for the whales. The news ends up going national and eventually international as everyone gets involved to help free these whales before the hole in the ice freezes over and they drown. When I first saw the preview for this movie, I was not sold, it just looked cheesy and boring. I was pleasantly surprised though and it turned out to be a really good, uplifting movie. It's based on a true story so I asked my mom if she remembers it happening. She didn't though (probably since she had three kids under 8 when it happened and doesn't remember a lot from the 80s...)... Anyways, it has a great mix of humor and excitement and there were also a few tears. I highly recommend this movie! A

No comments:

Post a Comment